Last modified: August 17, 2021
Welcome to the TechMasters Community!
By joining and participating in the TechMasters community, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. Your commitment to this Code of Conduct in all chat areas, social media discussions, and other web properties associated with TechMasters helps create a positive experience for all of the community’s users. Violators of the below rules may be warned or banned.
- Do Not Spam — Spam manifests itself in many ways, including bulk/bot-generated messages, profanity, insults, hate speech, malicious links, fraudulent reviews, fake friends, and by posting personally identifiable information or irrelevant content.
- Keep Ads In Their Place — Promotions for user-associated products, projects, and services are ONLY allowed in #showcase and #events. Surveys, community invites, unsolicited direct messages, and other solicitations are not allowed anywhere.
- Use The Jobs Board — All job postings must be posted through the jobs board at https://techmasters.chat/jobs. No job may be posted that involves any illegal activity in the jurisdiction in which the job is located. Job templates must be closely followed, otherwise they may get closed.
- Be Friendly and Respectful — No harassment, hate speech, racism, sexism, malicious trolling, etc. You may be banned immediately and without warning or recourse. Additionally, be aware we have an incredibly varied user base when it comes to knowledge, so please be patient and help each other.
- No NSFW or Obscene Content — This includes text, images, or links featuring nudity, sex, hard violence, or other graphically disturbing content.
- Keep It Legal — No piracy or illegal activities. All users are responsible for following both the Slack User Terms of Service and the Slack Acceptable Use Policy.
- Be Relevant — Be mindful of channels and their topics. Failure to do so may result in loss of access to the channel or the community.
- Keep Politics In Their Place — No political discussions outside of #politics, or when relevant, #world and #canadia.
- Protect Your Privacy & Security — Be cautious about giving out personally identifiable information to strangers online, which may be used against you. This is also a public community that anyone can join and read, so be mindful of what you diclose about yourself or your company. Be sure to use 2FA.
- Accept Responsibility — You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in our community. You are responsible for anything you say or post and for protecting your own computer system and accounts.
- See Something? Say Something! — If you see something against the rules or something that makes you feel unsafe, let staff know. We want this server to be a welcoming space! TechMasters staff will be identifiable by the gold TechMaster ‘TM’ logo in their Slack status.
- Administrators Have The Final Say On Everything Posted To The Community — Our rules are intended to protect our users. Any user may be removed and rules modified at any time to help protect the health of the community and to ensure all users are able to flourish and grow. Not sure about posting something? Ask an Administrator before posting.
- Ahmad Nassri - Contact @ahmadnassri on Slack or by email.
- Andrew Moore - Contact @awmoore on Slack or by email.
- View the rest of our Admins by navigating to the Team page or by selecting “People & user groups” under “More” in the Slack application’s sidebar then using the filter option to view all of the Admins.
Thanks for following this Code of Conduct and joining the TechMasters community!